If you follow me on instagram you’ll know that we just got back from 2 weeks in the U.S. It was a wonderful trip, visiting all of my husband’s family. Due to this trip we’ve been experiencing a little bit of jet lag. Nothing major, just getting up around 5am wide awake..Normally, for breakfast, I grab cereal or toast..something quick and easy, but Ava was still sleeping so I had some time on my hands! Greg went for his morning run and I buckled down to make these pancakes. After scouring Pinterest for a healthy banana pancake recipe, I noticed that most of them had similar ingredients. I picked one out of the list, and it did not disappoint!
This recipe is from Lauren Caris Cooks!
Healthy Banana Pancakes
The recipe is supposed to make 12 pancakes but due to the size I made mine I only got 6!
1/2 cup All Purpose Flour,*
1/2 cup Wholemeal Flour,
1 cup Milk, (I used soy milk and it tasted amazing)
2 teaspoons baking powder,
Pinch of salt,
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract.
1. Mix the flours, baking powder and salt in a bowl .
2. Blend the banana, egg, milk and vanilla extract in a blender until smooth. (I used a cheap smoothie ninja).
3. Pour the mixture into the flour and whisk until smooth.
3. Heat some butter in a large frying pan on a medium heat. Scoop or pour the pancake mixture into the pan (to create the size of pancake you want). Cook each pancake for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
4. Serve with fruit or chopped banana. We ate ours plain and they were delicious!
*Next time I am going to try and use only Wholemeal flour.