We introduced Quinoa to Ava when she was about 5 months old and she loved it! I mixed it with sweet potato, or zucchini. I think the change in texture from her normal pureed food was a great new experience.
Most nights I look through Pinterest for recipe ideas for Baby Food- purees and semi-solids, considering she has to adorable little teeth. I found these Quinoa Beef Meatballs, and couldn’t wait to try them!
I made them yesterday and Ava is loving them! They are super easy- I had most ingredients in my pantry already.
The recipe comes from Buona Pappa.
Quinoa Beef Meatballs
- 16 oz. Organic ground beef (500gr.)
- 3 Cups cooked quinoa (900gr.)
- 1 large Fuji apple, grated
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste (no salt)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven at 350F/180C
- Place all the ingredients in a big bowl
- Mix everything
- Place one tablespoon of mix in your hands and roll it forming a small ball
- Place the meatballs on a parchment paper on a baking sheet
- Bake for 30 minutes and enjoy
I froze half of the meatballs, and kept the remainder in an airtight container in the fridge.