Here in Sydney, in our little mum tribe, we have collectively 15 little girls and 3 little boys! The most recent little baby is only 2 weeks old- she absolutely adorable! I whipped up this quick pasta dish to send over to her and thought I’d share it on here. It’s so simple but really flavourful! It’s also basic enough that you could add in other ingredients if you wanted to fancy it up a little! The original recipe came from a close friend (who is also a pastry chef) about 15 years ago- i hope you enjoy! I call it the easy weeknight pasta because we all know that time is precious and fleeting most afternoons!
Easy Weeknight Pasta
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Chorizo Sausage
- 5 rashes of Bacon
- Pasta (cooked as per the instructions)- for the number of people you are serving (this recipe is based on 4)
- 1 jar of Red Pasta Sauce (I normally buy whatever is on special)
- 2-3 cloves of crushed Garlic (I use the jar garlic)
- 1/2 cup Thickened Cream
- 1 cup Mozarella Cheese (Or any cheese you have on hand grated)
- In a pan fry the bacon till lightly cooked. Once cooked place the bacon on a paper towel on a plate to drain the excess oil. Wipe out some of the oil with a paper towel from the pan.
- In the same pan cook the Chorizo till lightly cooked. Once cooked place the chorizo on a paper towel on a plate to drain the excess oil. Wipe out most of the oil with a paper towel from the pan.
- Cook the garlic in the pan for a few seconds (this will burn super quick if you’re not careful)
- Add in the entire pasta jar contents and stir to combine.
- Add in the thickened cream and cheese and stir to combine
- Put on low heat till the sauce is bubbling
- If everyone is able to eat Chorizo and Bacon (If you’re breastfeeding you may want to skip the Chorizo) add in the Chorizo and Bacon to the sauce.
- Spoon the sauce on top of the pasta and enjoy!