While we don’t get snow here in Sydney, Australia the weather can drop to around 1-2 degrees overnight and in the mornings.
I have already been layering Ava with her pajama onesie and an extra pair of pants and a long sleeve top.. it may be over the top but her room is freezing during the night and with her being so young the flu is the last thing she needs!
There are a lot of really cute jackets (for him and her) around at the moment! I’ve gathered a few of my favourites below! While I am half Assyrian and Maltese, and I was 100% dressed in tracksuit pants when I was a kid, I’m trying to avoid them for as long as possible with Ava!
There’s nothing wrong with looking super cute while staying warm this winter!
From top left to right
Lydia Jacket | Hooded Navy Parker |Baby Jacket | Cape Jacket | Hooded Padded Jacket | Pink Knit | Baby Bomber Jacket | Faux Leather and Fur Jacket | Bonds Logo Jacket | Soft Polka Jacket | Khaki Parker | Navy Hooded Parker
Another thing that can help with the cold are slippers and beanies! I was gifted a pair of slippers when I was pregnant, but during summer I miss placed them.. well.. in cleaning out my closest this week I found them again- they are a fantastic investment during the winter months! I had never really though to buy Ava a pair until I saw them on sale one day and a light bulb went off!
My best friend threw Ava and I the most beautiful Baby Shower a few months ago- we laughed and cried and enjoyed a wonderful afternoon with family and friends! I received so many amazing gifts!! We were truly spoiled..
It’s hard to know what to get a new mum-to-be so I’ve detailed a summary of some of the main (and super useful) gifts we received and have used since we came home from hospital!
There’s a few things that I’ll quickly mention:
- Bonds Two Zipper Wondersuits- SUPER HELPFUL! There are other brands that have the two-way zipper onesies, but the bonds onesies have little pockets on the wrists and feet which you fold over once you have the onesie on the baby, which act as socks and mittens! It’s an all-in-one outfit!
- ErgoPouch- There are other brands which I’m sure work great. We were gifted with the Ergo brand which has worked amazing!
- Bottles- Check the teets on the bottles! We had a problem where Ava was throwing up her bottles, my mum had an ah-ha moment which led us to check the teets- only 1 was a slow flow! Since then I have bought more slow flow teets and she hasn’t spit up a bottle since!
- Bassinet- If you are going to get one, purchase one that has a removal top bed section. This has been great for bringing Ava downstairs if I don’t want to wake her!
- New Pajamas for the mum-to-be- It was wonderful to have a new set of pjs to change into after giving birth!
One- Double zip onesies (Bonds Wondersuit pictured) // Two- Baby Mittens // Three- Singlets (Bonds Chesty Singlets pictured) //Four- ErgoBaby Sleeping Bag // Five- Swaddles (Sheridan baby wras pictured) //Six- Bibs // Seven- Breast Milk Freezer Bags //Eight- Huggies Newborn Starter Pack // Nine- Portacot //Ten- Range of bottles //Eleven- Manual Breast Pump // Twelve- Bassinet //Thirteen- Baby Bouncer // Fourteen- New Pjs for Mum- Top, Bottoms and Slippers // Fifteen- Baby Blanket
Not pictured but a GREAT gift: Nappies, nappies and more nappies!! I am blown away with how many nappies we have gone through!
If you have any questions on specific brands or other items we were gifted please let me know!!