If you live in the States or have ever visited you will know of the restaurant Texas Roadhouse. They have amazing bread rolls with cinnamon and butter as well as amazing sweet potato sides! One of my favourites is the sweet potato, cut open and slathered with cinnamon butter.
Greg has been doing the Daniel Fast this week so I’ve been looking for recipes that are vegan friendly- dairy free, meat free etc
A really simple recipe that we love and is super filling are sweet potato boats!
Here’s the recipe!
Sweet Potato Boats
- Sweet Potatoes (one for each person)
- Vegetable Oil
- a few Tbsp of Almond Butter
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Wash and dry the sweet potatoes.
- Cover each sweet potato with Vegetable Oil in a thin layer and poke with a fork numerous times all over
- Wrap each sweet potato individually in aluminium foil, and place on a baking tray in the oven. Depending on the size of the potatoes they will take approx 45min-1 1/2 hour to soften. To check if the potato is done insert a knife or fork through it- if it glides smoothly you are ready to rock and roll.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven and allow to cool for approx 5 min.
- Open the potato parcels up and slice open the sweet potatoes to have two halves. Using a fork or knife disrupt the smooth flesh to make ridges and divots.
- Place Almond Butter on each side of the potato flesh, sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.