I posted this recipe over a year ago but I am constantly sending it out to people! If you need an easy, quick cookie recipe this is for you!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 150g softened salted cooking butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped Tim Tams
- 1 cup chopped pretzels
- 1 cup chopped Snickers bars
- 1 cup chopped Mars bars
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, and line two baking trays
- Place the softened butter, both sugars and vanilla essence in a mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed till everything is combined.
- Add the egg and mix again till combined
- Hand mix in the flour until combined
- Add any inclusions- chocolate chips, Tim Tams. etc Mix until combined.
- Roll into balls and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 min. The cookies should be brown on the bottom and slightly brown on top.
For storage, place them in a container with a slice of bread on baking paper (don’t let the bread touch the cookies). The bread will draw all the moisture from the air and keep the cookies soft.
I’m not going to say this banana bread is super healthy and you should eat it every day… but on the scale of banana breads where most are loaded with sugar and white flour this is at least a few steps away from sugar oblivion!
After Greg commenting at the look of the bananas sitting on our kitchen bench I decided to quickly whip up some muffins or banana bread. After a quick scan through the below recipe I knew I had everything to make it so away we went!
Healthy Banana Bread!
Original recipe comes from Cookie and Kate
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil or high quality vegetable oil (I used extra virgin olive oil)
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup (I used honey)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 ½ medium or 2 large bananas)
- ¼ cup milk of choice or water (I used milk)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more to swirl on top
- 1 ¾ cups white whole wheat flour or regular whole wheat flour
- Totally optional: ½ cup mix-ins like chopped walnuts or pecans, chocolate chips, raisins, chopped dried fruit, fresh banana slices. (I used dark chocolate chunks)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (165 degrees celsius) and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and honey together together with a whisk. Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and milk. (If your coconut oil solidifies on contact with cold ingredients, simply let the bowl rest in a warm place for a few minutes, like on top of your stove, or warm it for about 10 seconds in the microwave.)
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, and whisk to blend. Lastly, switch to a big spoon and stir in the flour, just until combined. If you’re adding any additional mix-ins, gently fold them in now.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. If you’d like a pretty swirled effect, run the tip of a knife across the batter in a zig-zag pattern.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.