The way this pregnancy is going – if I see an ad for Banana Bread chances are I’m going to be making it this week.. I saw an ad for wonton soup last night- you better believe it’s on the menu for dinner next week! It’s as if my brain is taking craving cue’s from the things I’m seeing rather than what it actually wants or needs! Not that I’m complaining but it is very strange!
Today’s recipe comes from Jenna over at Butternut Bakery- It’s a great recipe for Banana Bread that’s tasty and super moist!
Choc Chip Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 cups ripe and mashed banana (about 3 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips- I used regular choc chips.
- Preheat your oven to 325F (160 C) and grease and line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the melted butter and sugars until fully combined. You can either use a whisk or an electric mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Add in your mashed bananas followed by the eggs, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Once all of your wet ingredients are mixed together, fold in the dry ingredients. Then, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and spread it even. Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top if you like.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs. Let it cool completely before removing from the pan. Store at room temperature in an air-tight container.
Jenna has some great ideas over on this post about how to quickly ripen bananas. What I normally do is as I get bananas that over ripen- I peel them and add them to a ziplock in the freezer. You can use them for banana bread or smoothies as you need them.