Today I have a super easy baked Salmon recipe for you! It takes about 5 minutes to prep and 15min to bake!
Baked Salmon Recipe
2 Salmon pieces (I prefer the middle, not the tail pieces)
2 Tbsp dill
1 lemon (3/4 of the lemon cut into rounds- the remainder used for the juice)
1 Tbsp crushed garlic
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Preheat over to 180 degrees Celcius
- Put everything into a bowl and mix
- Place Salmon on a tray (lay the lemon rounds on top of the Salmon) and bake for approx 12 min- 15min
- Serve with steamed vegetables or rice
Cookies and Breakfast in the same sentence? Yes please! Well.. only if the cookies have the word cream in them and they’re white and black.. just kidding..
I would describe these breakfast cookies as flattened biscuits and gravy! Obviously minus the runny carb heavy amazing gravy that you normally get. I, just like the next guy love Biscuits and Gravy when we’re in the States but being on this low carb kick has really opened my eyes to the amount of carbs in each meal! Obviously I have significant moments of weakness like the fondue for two I helped demolish on Saturday night.. or the 4 oreos and piece of caramel slice that disappeared last night.. all in all though it’s been a great (and miserable) experience! Ha!
If you’re looking for a great low carb breakfast option that isn’t scrambled eggs or a smoothie these need to be on your radar!
I’ve commented with the substitutions I used.. I hope you enjoy!
The original recipe is from My Life Cookbook.
SAVORY BREAKFAST COOKIES (LOW CARB)
- 4 oz pork sausage (120g)- I would double this amount
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup green peppers, chopped- I left these out as our family isn’t a fan of capsicum
- ¾ cups almond flour- Almond Meal if you’re in Australia
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded- I used pizza mix cheese which is Parmesan, Mozzarella and Tasty Cheese in one.
- Preheat oven to 375F/180C
- Saute sausage, onions and peppers until the sausage is browned and the vegetable soft. Take off heat and let cool.
- In the meantime add almond flour, salt, pepper and baking powder to a bowl and mix.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs, then add ½ cup of the cheese. Add to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Add cooled sausage mixture and mix to combine.
- Place a piece of parchment paper or a silicone mat on a large cookie sheet.
- Place a big spoonful of mixture as you would to make cookies.
- Press down gently on each cookie to flatten a little. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
We introduced Quinoa to Ava when she was about 5 months old and she loved it! I mixed it with sweet potato, or zucchini. I think the change in texture from her normal pureed food was a great new experience.
Most nights I look through Pinterest for recipe ideas for Baby Food- purees and semi-solids, considering she has to adorable little teeth. I found these Quinoa Beef Meatballs, and couldn’t wait to try them!
I made them yesterday and Ava is loving them! They are super easy- I had most ingredients in my pantry already.
The recipe comes from Buona Pappa.
Quinoa Beef Meatballs
- 16 oz. Organic ground beef (500gr.)
- 3 Cups cooked quinoa (900gr.)
- 1 large Fuji apple, grated
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste (no salt)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven at 350F/180C
- Place all the ingredients in a big bowl
- Mix everything
- Place one tablespoon of mix in your hands and roll it forming a small ball
- Place the meatballs on a parchment paper on a baking sheet
- Bake for 30 minutes and enjoy
I froze half of the meatballs, and kept the remainder in an airtight container in the fridge.